Has 2021 ushered in a few extra pounds you’d like to get rid of?
Are you following the keto diet to seek extra energy, better-fitting clothes, and a healthy BMI? 1
Join the club, as the keto diet is very popular indeed.
However, weight loss on the keto diet can still be tough to achieve, even when you’re following your macros and working out.
Sometimes we need a little help to push our bodies into ketosis to get the fat burning process firing on all cylinders.
Keto diet pills can help you to enter and remain in ketosis, with more energy, less hunger, and more weight loss.
We have picked three of the best keto diet pills on the market so you can find the best fit for you.
We discuss ingredients, side-effects, real customer experiences, pros, and cons.
Let’s find the best keto diet pills for your health and vitality in 2021.
How Do Keto Diet Pills Help With Weight Loss?
When you reduce carbohydrate intake, the body uses stored fats for energy instead and creates ketones in the liver to use as a powerful energy source.
This leads to weight loss and sharper brainpower.
The ketogenic diet 2 consists of very low carb intake, moderate protein intake, and high fat intake.
This can be tough, especially if you’ve eaten carbs and sugars your whole life.
However, weight loss supplements can help to make the process more successful and bearable, with fewer side-effects.
When it comes to exactly how keto diet pills work, it depends on the ingredients and the intention of the pill.
Some keto diet pills work by giving the body an extra dose of ketones to use as energy.
This means the keto-dieter has more energy for workouts and torching calories to reach a calorie deficit (the cornerstone of weight loss).
These kinds of keto pills help the body to remain in ketosis (and burning stored fat), without experiencing keto flu symptoms or succumbing to nagging sugar or carb cravings.
Some ketone supplements also claim to put the user into ketosis without having to actually follow a keto or low-carb diet.
Other keto diet pills contain a combination of fat burners, stimulants, appetite suppressants, and metabolism boosters.
These don’t add ketones to the body, but they help with working out, reducing food intake, reducing blood sugar, and fighting keto-induced fatigue and cravings.
Who Should Take Keto Diet Pills?
As with all dietary supplements, it’s important to speak to your doctor before taking them.
Take even more caution if you are:
- Taking regular medications.
- Have existing medical conditions.
- Under 18 years of age.
- Have high blood pressure (especially when taking sodium-based ketones).
- Are currently or have experienced eating disorders.
Are Keto Diet Pills Safe?
It all depends on the ingredients of the pill and the person taking them.
Some general diet pills are considered unsafe because they include ingredients known to negatively affect the heart.
Others contain high doses of caffeine that can affect healthy sleep patterns.
Do Keto Diet Pills Have Side Effects?
Ketone-based supplements that contain BHBs (beta-hydroxybutyrate) are generally considered low-risk but can have side-effects such as:
- Cramp and stomach pain.
Diet pills containing stimulants such as caffeine and bitter orange may cause side-effects such as:
- Racing heart.
- Jittery feelings.
- Trouble sleeping.
Best Keto Diet Pills for Weight Loss
1. Keto Trim
Keto Trim (a brand under umbrella company Vita Balance Inc.) is a keto diet pill for weight loss that uses ketones in the form of Beta-Hydroxybutyrate ketone salts.
The idea is that it adds ready-made ketones to your body, the same ones that your liver produces when starved of carbohydrates and sugars.
This helps to transition into, and maintain a state of ketosis.
Vita Balance Inc. advises that Keto Trim doesn’t have to require a ketogenic diet for the weight loss 3 effects to take place.
However, we don’t recommend relying on a pill to trim your waistline and achieve a healthier weight (as it just doesn’t work that way!).
They also state that Keto Trim is a great way to transition from carb-eating to the keto-diet by reducing side-effects such as fatigue and headaches.
Because the ingredients are solely based on salt ketones, they can be used as energy immediately, giving your body and mind an extra push without the need for carbs and sugar.
Each bottle of Keto Trim contains 60 capsules, enough for 10-30 days (take two capsules 1-3 times per day).
One bottle costs $46.90, two bottles cost $82.95, and three bottles cost $123.66 (plus one free bottle).
You can buy them directly from the Keto Trim site: www.ketotrim.co.
However, they don’t offer a satisfaction guarantee and you can only return products if they are faulty or don’t match your order.
- Contains three GoBHBs: calcium, magnesium, and sodium.
- Easy to source online.
- International shipping.
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate 62mg.
- Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate 32mg.
- Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate 10mg.
- Go BHB proprietary blend 800mg (contains all three ingredients above).
How does it work?
- Keto Trim adds BHB ketones to the body so they can be used right away as energy for the brain and muscles.
- Instead of waiting for your body to go through the lulls and energy slumps of transitioning into ketosis, Keto Trim provides instant ketones to keep the body running.
- Plus, Keto Trim can help to keep the body in a state of ketosis if you slip up and eat carbs.
Pros and cons
2. Keto Actives
Next up, we have Keto Actives, a very different direction from Keto Trim.
Keto Actives isn’t a ketone-based diet supplement, it is a mixture of natural caffeine, stimulants, metabolism boosters, and appetite suppressants to boost weight loss.
Keto Actives claim that you will “lose weight from your waist, as much as a few centimetres per month”.
This is due to ingredients that boost fat burning, balance blood sugar levels, and gives energy for weight loss.
Keto Actives is more like a general weight loss pill than a keto-specific supplement.
However, ingredients like chromium and ashwagandha manage blood sugar levels which work with the blood-sugar-lowering and stabilizing effects of the keto diet.
You should check with your doctor before taking Keto Actives, as it contains caffeine and bitter orange extract, a combo that can have negative effects on the heart.
You can buy Keto Actives directly from the website: www.ketoactives.com/order/order-now.html.
One bottle costs $49, two bottles plus one free costs $98, and a three-pack with three free bottles (total of 6) costs $147.
Keto Actives offers a money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with the product within 90 days of delivery.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Natural ingredients.
- Indian Nettle Root Extract (ForsLean): extracted from the Coleus forskohlii root containing active ingredient forskolin. It may reduce body fat, however, research is lacking.
- Clarinol CLA: an omega-6 fatty acid that may help to suppress appetite, boost fat burning, and reduce fat production in the body.
- Anhydrous caffeine: boosts energy and concentration.
- Black pepper extract: improves digestion, helps nutrient absorption, and speeds up metabolism.
- Capsicum extract: may reduce body fat and supports healthy digestion.
- Bitter orange extract: contains synephrine that may boost metabolism, curb cravings and appetite, and burn fat. This is a controversial ingredient as it can raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart-related issues.
- Ashwagandha root extract: a herb that can help the body to deal with stress without raising cortisol levels. It can also manage blood sugar levels, therefore, helps to manage fat especially around the belly 4.
- Chromium: helps to manage blood sugar and may suppress appetite.
How does it work?
- Keto Actives works by helping to reduce and manage appetite and cravings so you can maintain a healthy calorie deficit for weight loss.
- Fat-burning ingredients (such as CLA, capsicum, and bitter orange) can help to boost metabolism and help the body to break down and use stored fat.
- Chromium and ashwagandha reduce and manage blood sugar and cortisol levels, helping the body to avoid storing excess fat.
Pros and cons
3. Keto BHB (Keto Max) by Nutriana
Last but not least, Keto BHB by Nutriana (now named Keto Max by Nutriana).
This is an almost identical product to Keto Trim, with the same ingredients, GoBHB calcium, magnesium, and sodium.
These BHBs are ketones that the body naturally produces when in a state of ketosis after heavily reducing carbohydrate intake.
There are two key differences between Nutriana BHB/Keto Max and Keto Trim.
For one, the Keto BHB is far more affordable than Keto Trim, at over half the price.
Secondly, Keto BHB doesn’t provide the exact amounts of each BHB, instead, it offers the overall amount of the proprietary blend.
You can only return products for a 100% refund if the product is damaged, different from what was ordered, unopened, and unused.
- Uses GoBHB ketones.
- No extras or questionable ingredients added.
- Easy to take (2 per day, before eating).
Proprietary blend 800mg (using GoBHB).
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
- Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
- Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
How does it work?
Keto BHB/Keto Max by Nutriana works by adding ready-to-go ketone salts to the body.
These ketones can be instantly used as energy for better workouts, better concentration, and reduced craving for carbs and sugars to “keep you going”.
Your body already makes these kinds of ketones, but you have to get into ketosis first, by following a very low-carb diet 5.
Keto BHB gives you an easy dose of these to help kick you into ketosis, making your keto diet efforts more fruitful, and with fewer keto flu symptoms (headaches, body aches, tiredness).
Pros and cons
- Obese, H. W. O. “Body Mass Index (BMI).” Obesity Research 6.2 (1998): 51S-209S. https://www.multicare.org/files/library/84393b6deb5cd245.pdf
- Paoli, Antonio, et al. “Beyond weight loss: a review of the therapeutic uses of very-low-carbohydrate (ketogenic) diets.” European journal of clinical nutrition 67.8 (2013): 789. https://www.nature.com/articles/ejcn2013116
- Goldstein, David J. “Beneficial health effects of modest weight loss.” International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 16.6 (1992): 397-415. https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1322866
- Singh, Narendra, et al. “An overview on ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda.” African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines 8.5S (2011). https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ajtcam/article/view/67963
- Brown, Andrew J. “Low-carb diets, fasting and euphoria: Is there a link between ketosis and γ-hydroxybutyrate (GHB)?.” Medical hypotheses 68.2 (2007): 268-271. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0306987706005779